Continuing this winter’s sermon series on the Psalms, Rev. Dr. Robert Williams will focus on Psalm 16 and suggests that we should celebrate our inheritance (I Peter 1). The Psalm becomes quite autobiographical as the Psalmist is thankful and writes “that the boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places,” and that “I have a goodly heritage,” In response he keeps “the Lord always before” him. Can everyone make the same affirmations? As February 12th is Lincoln’s Birthday, we are reminded that he is part of the goodly heritage we share as Americans.
- Church Historian, Rev. Robert Williams, tells us that another Methodist is being honored on a postage stamp. Read about this commemorative “forever” stamp featuring Dorothy Height.
- A message from the UMW – The United Methodist Women of St. Peter’s UMC are planning their 4th Annual Christmas House Tour in December 2017. Our tour is open to the congregation of our church and their accompanying guests. We are looking for those interested in showing their homes for the holiday season. If you have questions or are interested in offering your home for the 2017 Christmas House Tour, please contact Nancy McNamara at: (email@example.com). Remember, all proceeds from the Christmas House Tour will be going towards our Dominican Republic outreach.
Practice Your Serve
- ACUP NEEDS YOU!!
The Missions Committee is looking for team leaders to help with our God’s Kitchen ministry in Atlantic City. It’s easier than you think! Current team leaders will train and support you. Call Karin Rossi Gleason at 609-425-2474.
- Our Ocean City Ecumenical Clothes Closet is in need of winter coats (especially men’s) and also any type of blankets. Please drop off your donation directly to the Clothes Closet located at 555 West Avenue, Ocean City. They are open Monday and Wednesday, 10:00am to 3:00pm and Friday from 10:00am to 2:30pm.
- Friendly folks are needed for usher & greeter teams. Do you like to meet people? Do you want to share your love for Christ and St. Peter’s with others? If so, please consider becoming a part of our usher or greeter teams. It takes many people to offer a warm welcome and to ensure that our worship services run smoothly. If you can help with this need please contact the church office at 399-2988 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for considering this opportunity to serve God and St. Peter’s!
- The Dominican Republic mission team is continuing to sell certificates for Piccini’s Restaurant here in OC. The profits from the sales of certificates go to build a new house for a family in great need. The cost of the Piccini’s gifts is $20.00 each. To purchase, see Connie Pritchard (email@example.com), Nancy Caine (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Judy Kelly (email@example.com).
Remember to mark your calendar for these upcoming events…
- Hello St. Peter’s Artists! We are meeting on Tuesday evenings to paint and draw together. All are welcome, in an encouraging atmosphere of camaraderie and fellowship. JOIN US at 6:30pm in Room 101. Please contact Robin Auwater at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested and plan on attending.
- You are invited!…(gentlemen and ladies) to the United Methodist Men’s dinner on Wednesday, February 18th at 6:00pm. Join us for a fabulous dinner, singing, short devotional and our special speaker will be Michelle from the Chamber of Commerce. If you are interested in attending, please contact Sherm DeMill at 814-0603.
- Coffee With Christ – You are invited to a new Tuesday Bible Study starting March 7th from 9:00-10:30am in the Fox Room. We will be doing a twelve week study of the book of Matthew. There will be silent reading of the chapters to be discussed and then group discussion using MacArthur’s Bible Study questions. This class will be facilitated by Kathy & Tom Branin and will run from March 7th – May 30th. If you plan to attend, please RSVP with Kathy at email@example.com.
- Get informed on organ/tissue donation on Saturday, March 18th from 9:00am to 12:00 noon. Macedonia United Methodist Church will be holding a seminar where you can get informed, learn the facts and ask questions about organ/tissue donation. There will be a continental breakfast served from 9:00-10:00am. For more information please contact Joe Pratt at: 609-457-3362.
- It’s that time of year – April 2, 2017 is the Gift of Life Donor Dash. This is the 22nd anniversary of the Dash and it will be our third year participating as Team Skysoldier. Our team is aiming to raise $2,000 + and to have 20 or more people join us for the 3K Walk/5-10K run. All proceeds will help the Gift of Life Donor Program continue educating the community about life-saving organ as well as life enhancing tissue transplants. Team Skysoldier needs your help! See the flyer posted on the bulletin board for more information or visit org and sponsor Team Skysoldier. If you have any questions, please contact Joe Pratt at (609) 390-9149.
- The 2017 mission trip to the Dominican Republic is set for April 17-23. If you think you might want to participate or if you just want more information, please email Judy Kelly for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org.
TERRIFIC TUESDAY – SCHEDULE:
The Winter/Spring schedule is:
4:00pm Bible Study & Tai Chi, 3rd Floor (Ginny Strang/Vicki Scheetz)
4:30pm Mission Kids (Pre-k to 6th grade) Rm. 206
5:00pm Junior & Youth Choirs (1st grade & up) Rm. 111
Biblical Prophecy & Today’s News
(Rob Winder) Rm. 106
Covenant Book Study
(Marilyn Hughes) Rm. 120
5:30pm Cherub Choir & Chimes (John Bate) Rm. 101
Activities (1st grade & up) Rm. 206
6:00pm Dinner (Cost is $5.00 per person, $15.00 family)
6:30pm Youth Bible Study 3rd Floor Room
Drop In Class (Pastor Steve) Rm. 205
Beth Moore Study (D. Schempp/J. Johnson) Rm. 106
Art/Painting Class (Robin Auwater) Rm. 101
ELL – English Language Learning Rm.120
6:40pm Adult Handbell Choir Rm. 112
7:00pm Grief Support (Jane Taylor) – Meets every other
Tuesday – see bulletin for next meeting. Rm. 209