Practice Your Serve
- New Sanctuary Bibles – St. Peter’s had a need for new Bibles in the sanctuary. We have purchased the new ones to replace the old worn out Bibles. If you would like to help with the cost of the new Bibles a bookplate will be placed in the front of the Bible to honor or memorialize your loved ones. The cost is $30.00 each. Please fill out the “New Sanctuary Bibles” form located in the brochure rack across from the church office and drop off completed form in the church office along with your check.
- Food Collection Sunday – Just a reminder that the first Sunday of the month (1/7/18) is Food Collection Sunday. The January item for collection is canned meats such as beef stew, chicken, hams, etc.
- Our Ocean City Ecumenical Clothes Closet is in need of winter coats (especially men’s) and also any type of blankets. Please drop off your donation directly to the Clothes Closet located at 555 West Avenue, Ocean City. They are open Monday and Wednesday, 10:00am to 3:00pm and Friday from 10:00am to 2:30pm.
- Help un-decorate St. Peter’s – Do you have some spare time? On Wednesday, January 3rd at 9:00am we are looking for volunteers to come and help take down the Christmas decorations and put them away. All help will be greatly appreciated, many hands make light work!
- The Dominican Republic mission team is continuing to sell certificates for Piccini’s Restaurant here in OC. The profits from the sales of certificates go to build a new house for a family in great need. The cost of the Piccini’s gifts is $20.00 each. To purchase, see Connie Pritchard (firstname.lastname@example.org), Nancy Caine (email@example.com) or Judy Kelly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- We Need Your Help – On the second Thursday of each month St. Peter’s gets volunteers to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to be taken to Sister Jean’s Kitchen in Atlantic City. We are in need of volunteers to make the sandwiches and also volunteers to drive the PB & J sandwiches over to Sister Jean’s on Friday morning. If you can help with this important ministry or if you have any questions please contact Greta Liston at 609-390-0035. Many hands make for light work!
- Intermediate ELL – Want to help other adults learn English? St. Peter’s intermediate English Language Learning class is looking for a few more individuals to work one on one with motivated and dedicated adult learners. We meet Tuesday evenings from 6:30-8:00pm in room 203 (2nd floor off of the Stainton Room). We speak English so that is the only language knowledge needed! No teaching experience required just a commitment and desire to help others learn. Contact Connie Pritchard at email@example.com or 609-231-9059 with questions or interest.
- 2018 Dominican Republic Trip – April 2nd thru 8th – Do you want to experience love in action; be a part of it? Do you want to feel the warmth of giving to the “least of these My children”? Consider joining the DR mission team on our trip next April. We will have a trip information session on Sunday, November 19th, 10:00am in the north end of the Stainton room. For info call Judy Kelly, 609-398-1582.
- Help Needed New Year’s Eve – On Sunday, December 31st St. Peter’s UMC opens its doors to the community for First Night. We are in need of people to help with crowd control as many people are unfamiliar with St. Peter’s and will be walking around our building. If you can help with this need, please contact Phil Young at the church office 399-2988.