Practice Your Serve
- Food Collection Sunday – Just a reminder the first Sunday of the month (9/3/17) is Food Collection Sunday. The September item for collection is juice.
- Our Boardwalk Service (11th Street Pavilion) is in need of volunteers to help set up chairs and the sound equipment. We normally meet at 7:30am and it takes about 15 minutes to set up and then take down after the service. This ministry will run from Memorial Day through Labor Day. If you can help, please contact Steve Pursel at 602-2190 or the church office at 399-2988.
- Our Ocean City Ecumenical Clothes Closet is in need of winter coats (especially men’s) and also any type of blankets. Please drop off your donation directly to the Clothes Closet located at 555 West Avenue, Ocean City. They are open Monday and Wednesday, 10:00am to 3:00pm and Friday from 10:00am to 2:30pm.
- The Dominican Republic mission team is continuing to sell certificates for Piccini’s Restaurant here in OC. The profits from the sales of certificates go to build a new house for a family in great need. The cost of the Piccini’s gifts is $20.00 each. To purchase, see Connie Pritchard (email@example.com), Nancy Caine (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Judy Kelly (email@example.com).
- We Need Your Help – On the second Thursday of each month St. Peter’s gets volunteers to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to be taken to Sister Jean’s Kitchen in Atlantic City. We are in need of volunteers to make the sandwiches and also volunteers to drive the PB & J sandwiches over to Sister Jean’s on Friday morning. If you can help with this important ministry or if you have any questions please contact Greta Liston at 609-390-0035. Many hands make for light work!
- Dominican Republic scholarship donations are once again needed. For the last 8 years members of St. Peter’s have been helping Dominican students attend better schools and also to take classes in English. By doing so we have helped to build brighter futures for the students in Los Cocos. We currently have 6 students registered for the university!!! That is such a joy and so amazing. This year the following students are in need of more advanced tuition scholarships: Jessica, Ezekiel and Carolina for university and career training. Paul for advanced high school studies. If you can help provide a scholarship, please contact Judy Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Gracias!
- Family Promise – St. Peter’s will be assisting Holy Trinity Episcopal Church when they host Family Promise the week of September 3, 2017. Help is still needed for volunteers to provide dinner, be evening hosts or overnight hosts, on Monday, September 4, Wednesday, September 6 and Friday, September 8. Please call Tricia Handshaw, 609-432-0965 if you are able to help or would like more information.
- Feeding the hungry in Atlantic City – Please join our team on Saturday, September 9th at 8:30am to load the van and head to A.C. to feed the hungry and homeless. We promise a wonderful, rewarding experience. We are accepting gently used and new shirts, pants, shorts, socks, sneakers or any other wearing apparel appropriate for summer/fall weather. Just drop the items off in plastic bags (please label) and place on the pew near the pastor’s office on the first floor. Items are needed before Saturday, September 9th. Can’t come with us? We always appreciate baked goods!