Practice Your Serve
- New Sanctuary Bibles – St. Peter’s had a need for new Bibles in the sanctuary. We have purchased the new ones to replace the old worn out Bibles. If you would like to help with the cost of the new Bibles a bookplate will be placed in the front of the Bible to honor or memorialize your loved ones. The cost is $30.00 each. Please fill out the “New Sanctuary Bibles” form located in the brochure rack across from the church office and drop off completed form in the church office along with your check.
- Annual USPS Food Drive 2017 – On Saturday, December 2nd the Ocean City Post Office will be collecting non-perishable food items for the Ocean City Food Cupboard. Please place donations out by your mailbox. The food items will be collected by your mail carrier and delivered to the Food Cupboard. Items needed: microwave soups or meals, canned meats, pork & beans, vegetables, microwave macaroni & cheese, cereal, fruit juice, peanut butter and jelly. Please remember no glass containers.
- Donate your free ham or turkey – If you are a frequent shopper of our local supermarkets, there is a good chance that you will be receiving either a free ham or turkey. St. Peter’s would love to take them off your hands and use for our annual community Christmas dinner! Just drop off your ham or turkey to the church office during the week and we will do the rest!
- Hope Pregnancy Silent Auction – On Friday, December 8th at 7:00pm Hope Pregnancy Center will be having a Silent Auction at the Seaville Fire Social Hall. This is a fundraising event to help with this important outreach. There is a $15.00 registration fee – please RSVP to Hope at 609-398-9449.
- Our Ocean City Ecumenical Clothes Closet is in need of winter coats (especially men’s) and also any type of blankets. Please drop off your donation directly to the Clothes Closet located at 555 West Avenue, Ocean City. They are open Monday and Wednesday, 10:00am to 3:00pm and Friday from 10:00am to 2:30pm.
- The Dominican Republic mission team is continuing to sell certificates for Piccini’s Restaurant here in OC. The profits from the sales of certificates go to build a new house for a family in great need. The cost of the Piccini’s gifts is $20.00 each. To purchase, see Connie Pritchard (email@example.com), Nancy Caine (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Judy Kelly (email@example.com).
- We Need Your Help – On the second Thursday of each month St. Peter’s gets volunteers to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to be taken to Sister Jean’s Kitchen in Atlantic City. We are in need of volunteers to make the sandwiches and also volunteers to drive the PB & J sandwiches over to Sister Jean’s on Friday morning. If you can help with this important ministry or if you have any questions please contact Greta Liston at 609-390-0035. Many hands make for light work!
- Intermediate ELL – Want to help other adults learn English? St. Peter’s intermediate English Language Learning class is looking for a few more individuals to work one on one with motivated and dedicated adult learners. We meet Tuesday evenings from 6:30-8:00pm in room 203 (2nd floor off of the Stainton Room). We speak English so that is the only language knowledge needed! No teaching experience required just a commitment and desire to help others learn. Contact Connie Pritchard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-231-9059 with questions or interest.
- 2018 Dominican Republic Trip – April 2nd thru 8th – Do you want to experience love in action; be a part of it? Do you want to feel the warmth of giving to the “least of these My children”? Consider joining the DR mission team on our trip next April. We will have a trip information session on Sunday, November 19th, 10:00am in the north end of the Stainton room. For info call Judy Kelly, 609-398-1582.