Bible Studies/Terrific Tuesday Schedule
Terrific Tuesday Restarted January 24th, 2017. Our Tuesday schedule includes:
- Coffee With Christ – You are invited to a new Tuesday Bible Study starting March 7th from 9:00-10:30am in the Fox Room. We will be doing a twelve week study of the book of Matthew. There will be silent reading of the chapters to be discussed and then group discussion using MacArthur’s Bible Study questions. This class will be facilitated by Kathy & Tom Branin and will run from March 7th – May 30th. If you plan to attend, please RSVP with Kathy at (email@example.com).
- 4:00pm Bible Study & Tai Chi 3rd Floor Room, Vicki Scheetz and Ginny Strang (starts 2/7)
- 4:30pm Mission Kids (Pre-k to 6th grade) Room 206
- 4:30pm Nursery Open (til 6pm)
- Junior & Youth Choirs (1st grade & up) Room 111
- Biblical Prophecy and Today’s News, Pastor Terry, Room 106
- Covenant Study, Marilyn Hughes, Room 120 (six sessions starts 2/7)
- New Members Class, Pastor Steve, Room 205
- Cherub Choir & Chimes (ages 3 to K) Room 101
- Activities (1st grade & up) Room 206
- 6:00pm Dinner (Cost is $5 per person, $15 family)
- “David – Seeking a Heart Like His” (Women’s Study) with Donna Schempp & Judi Johnston, Room 106
- “Drop-in Class” with Pastor Steve, Room 205 (starts 2/7)
- ELL – English Language Learning, Judy Rinck, Room 120
- 6:40pm Adult Handbell Choir, Room 112
- 7:00pm Grief Support Group, Jane Taylor, – Meets every other Tuesday in Room 209 – see bulletin for meeting dates
All Bible Studies by Day & Time
- Tuesdays 9:00am (beginning March 7th) (childcare provided) “Coffee and Christ Study” (Room 106) with Kathy and Tom Branin. A 12 week study of the book of Matthew, Tuesdays 9-10:30am. Each class will begin with some time to read from the book of Matthew before diving into group discussion.
- Tuesdays 1:00pm What Time is it and What Did I Just Say? Do you notice that the paraments (aka the pulpit and altar cloths) change at odd increments? Do you want to know ‘why?’ and ‘how?’ While we’re at it, do you notice what we sometimes say as a statement of belief, especially at baptisms (aka The Apostles Creed)? Want to discover what it means, how it got there, and what you believe if you would write your creed of faith? Come and find out as the Tuesday Afternoon Study begins its winter/spring sessions on January 17th in the Fox Room. The study begins at 1:00pm and lasts about 2 hours. We are studying “The Liturgical Year” and “In Search of Belief” both by Joan Chittister, OSB. Joan Chittister is a delightful contemporary author well-schooled in both liturgy and spiritual formation. Both books will be used for the rest of the year and can be obtained from Amazon (for about $12.00-13.00 for a book, even less for ‘used’ and $5.00-10.00 for the Kindle edition). We will begin with Chapter 11 of “Belief”. For more information contact Marilyn Hughes (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Judy Kohatsu (email@example.com).
- Tuesdays 4:00pm Bible Study & Tai Chi class – Come to the third floor (there is an elevator entrance by the Wesley Avenue church door) on Tuesdays from 4-6 pm and breathe in the word of God with scripture, study, and Tai Chi, a mind/body/spirit experience that you won’t want to miss! The class will incorporate Bible Study, reflection, and prayer with Tai Chi, “meditation in motion,” focusing on balance, coordination, movement, and flexibility. Wear comfortable clothing, and bring a friend. We are going to worship God in a new and creative way!
- Tuesdays 5:00pm We are offering an adult Bible Study at 5pm, taught by Pastor Terry, which will be a study of current events and news in light of biblical prophecy. This study will be meeting in the Fox Room, 106.
- Tuesdays 5:00pm Covenant Study – One Faithful Promise: The Wesleyan Covenant for Renewal. A covenant is an agreement, a pledge, a contract. A covenant with God is a faithful promise of renewal and none are more central to the Methodist identity than the Wesley Covenant Prayer, which John Wesley first shared in a renewal service in 1755. Its central theme, “the means of increasing serious religion,” focuses on the way we can have a closer relationship with God and others through heightened dedication to a serious faith. Come and join us February 7th for a six-session study looking deeper into the Covenant Prayer we all recited at worship on January 1st. The book can be purchased from Amazon (hardcover about $10 and a kindle edition at $8) or from Cokesbury, on sale for $7.00. This class will be held in room 120.
- Tuesdays 6:30pm A Ladies Book Study – Ladies, please join us at 6:30pm in the Fox Room (1st floor) to explore with Beth Moore, “David – Seeking a Heart Like His.” In this study of the “man after God’s own heart,” David will make you laugh and cry. He will delight and disappoint you. You’ll want to be just like him at times and nothing like him at others. David’s life clearly demonstrates that God is always able to reach us, correct us, and reclaim our worship. If you’ve ever experienced doubts, temptations, losses, or personal inconsistencies, this study is for you. Study guides will be available through the class. This study is led by Judi Johnson and Donna Schempp. Suggested donation: $18/book.
- Tuesdays 6:30pm Pastor Steve leads a study called “Drop-in” in the Room (205) at 6:30pm. This study is a deeper discussion of the previous Sunday’s sermon.
- Wednesdays at 12:00pm (beginning March 8th) Please join us on Wednesdays during Lent from March 8th thru April 5th for a time of the day set aside for contemplation and music. Each of these half hour programs will be centered around a different topic – our March 8th topic will be “Wondrous Love”. Instead of just giving something up for Lent, add this time each week to your own Lenten Journey and join Pastor Steve and John Bate along with other musicians in the church sanctuary from 12:10pm to 12:40pm. Immediately following a soup luncheon will be served in the Stainton Room.
Spring 2017 Dinner Menu:
2/21 Baked Chicken
2/28 Shrove Tuesday – Pancakes
3/14 Chicken Tenders
3/21 Pizza Night
3/28 Meatball Hoagies
4/4 Grilled Cheese & Soup
4/11 Easter Break – No Terrific Tuesday
4/18 Easter Break – No Terrific Tuesday
4/25 Build a Burger
5/2 Cinco De Mayo Celebraton